A summary of actions Valsource has taken to reduce the spread of the coronavirus while supporting our customers and those directly and indirectly impacted by COVID-19.
Serving Our Customers
We Will Remain Open
Valsource falls under approximately 5 sectors included as part of the Critical Infrastructure Sector as defined by the US Department of Homeland Security which can be found here. We currently do not expect any disruptions to our production schedule nor will the “Stay At Home” order issued for the city of Houston March 24th affect our ability to service your valve and automation needs. We will continue to be available and responsive for the vital industries (Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Energy, Power, Water/Wastewater, Military, etc.) in which we serve.
Protecting Our Employees
Over the last several weeks, we have been following the guidelines and procedures outlined by the CDC, WHO, and regulatory agencies, in addition to taking extra steps to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all of our employees. As details continue to evolve, we want to share additional safety measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our Valsource family, our guests, and our community:
- Employees that have the capability to work remotely are doing so as of March 23rd.
- We are conducting regular and frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas throughout the shop and administrative areas (including restrooms, break room area, countertops, door handles, and communal office equipment).
- We are supplying hand sanitizer throughout our facility.
- We are providing disinfectant wipes, as available, to employees and guest upon request.
- We are reinforcing illness prevention procedures with all Valsource employees as recommended by the medical community, including frequent handwashing, avoiding contact with eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- We are instructing employees who are exhibiting symptoms of illness to stay home or seek care from a medical provider when necessary.No person is permitted to come to any of our workplaces if they are experiencing symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, respiratory discomfort)
- We are calling on everyone to have a heightened sense of awareness for those with immune-deficiencies, chronic respiratory infection, and our senior colleagues.If you see something, say something.
- We are asking for all employees to suspend any direct contact including handshakes, use of others’ mobile devices, and hand tools
- Hand tools that must be shared will be wiped down between every break. While at the same time latex gloves will be used during the usage of shared tools or equipment.
- We are asking all employees to refrain from dispensing water from the existing water coolers.In lieu of the existing water coolers, we will use Igloo water containers that do not require placing hands in proximity of the spigot.
Management will continue to monitor the situation and take the proper precautions. We will get through this crisis systematically and collectively. If you need assistance please call us as usual at 281-474-1163 or send an email to email@example.com.
The Team at Valsource International